7.08.2013

#52 check

52. Go to the Stadium of Fire
Completed July 4, 2013

Highlights.
  1. Kelly Clarkson:  A dream was fulfilled when I saw Kelly walk on that stage and open her mouth to let beautiful music pour out.  Every note was on tune.  Her music was so powerful it moved me to tears. (literally). She sang 6 out of the 9 songs I wanted to hear, so I was pleased.  My favorite moment of the night was when she started to sing "Since U Been Gone."  Heidi and I jumped up and danced like nobody's business. Ah, the memories it brought back.  If I had a chance to go see Kelly Clarkson again, I would do it in a heartbeat.  She really is one of my all-time favorite artists. Amazing.
  2. The Fireworks:  I saw the bombs bursting in air.  And get this, the stadium was on fire, literally! Beautiful fireworks, but somehow I realized that I will always enjoy fireworks the most at disneyland.  Somehow they seem more magical there...
  3. Cirque Du Soleil:  Their act made me want to drive to Vegas right then and there to see a full show.  I don't think people can really appreciate the difficulty of the act and the hours and hours of practice it must take.  I was in awe, and pretty mad that they only did one song! I wanted more.  
  4. Sky Divers:  I felt like I was watching an action movie. I swear they were going to fall on people but they avoided the crowd at the last second.  As soon as they landed, I could finally breathe again.
  5. Call Me Maybe:  I am not a huge Carly Rae Jepson fan, her voice is high pitched and whiny.  But being able to say I heard her sing Call Me Maybe in real life.... that's pretty cool. 
  6. Human Slinkys:  The dancers had lifesize slinkys that they danced with.  It was weird... but oddly fascinating. 
  7. Patti Austin:  Wonderful M.C. or narrator or whatever she did.  I just love her. 

Overall my very first time at Stadium of Fire was a HUGE success. 

1 comment:

Erica Ellen said...

you don't like Carly Rae?
ugh. I feel like I need to reevaluate our relationship.
just kidding, but seriously. Carly Rae is m'girl.