8.02.2012

Bird Lover

A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer.
It sings because it has a song
~Maya Angelou

I have recently become aware of a newfound fascination I have with birds.  
It's hard to explain.
After reading the book "Okay For Now" it hit me how the birds brought comfort and inspiration to a boy, an abused boy, in his deepest time of need. 
They literally helped him turn his life around. 

The minute I finished the book, through the tears that were falling from my eyes, I began to research and look up information and pictures on Audubon's birds.  
A whole new world opened up to me.
I started noticing the birds everywhere.
I read
I watched.

The birds began to give me the comfort and inspiration that I needed so desperately in my life. 

To read about how the ruby throated hummingbird, who weighs almost 2 pennies, has to fly 500 miles over the Gulf of Mexico and if she stops even once to rest, she'll die.  It's mind blowing!
 To listen to the beautiful songs that the birds create.   
To read in Jeremiah 3:7 - Yea, the stork in the heaven knoweth her appointed times; and the turtle and the crane and the swallow observe the time of their coming; but my people know not the judgement of the Lord.   
To see the beautiful feathers and to see the birds soar through the sky on their magnificent wings 

It may seem silly,
a funny thing to love,
but it's true.
I love the birds.


photo via here

No comments: