9.19.2011

17 Miracles

I had been looking forward to it all day long.
For family home evening we were going to watch the movie 17 miracles.
Not only was I very excited to see this movie, but I was excited because we were combining with the 8th ward.  That would be my dear cousin Shannon's ward!
So we were having family home evening together and we were watching a movie about the Willie handcart company, which our ancestor William Woodward was a part of.

What a powerful movie.
My eyes were not dry by the end.

It made me realize a lot of things and helped me look at my life from a different perspective.
I have been so selfish lately.
Constantly thinking about myself and how hard life is.
Those pioneers went through so much.
They had so much faith.
They had burning testimonies.
They were able to work hard so they could get to Zion.
I need to work harder so I can get to Zion too.
I need to be better.
I need to think of others.
I need to be of better service.
Life is hard.
We all go through trials.
But if we have faith, and pray to Heavenly Father.
We can get through anything.

No comments: