5.30.2011

Dearest Grandma,

I miss you.
I think about you all the time.
I know you are there watching out for me, protecting me.
You were a perfect example to me
of how to be humble, selfless, loving.
You were always there for everyone.
sitting in your chair by the fridge.
I appreciate your smiles and words of encouragement.
I knew I could face the world because you believed in me.
The poems and songs that you wrote brought a smile to my face.
I think I inherited your "save everything" trait.
Today is memorial day grama and I want you know that I'm thinking of you.
But more importantly, I hope you know that I think of you everyday.
Lots of people will be at your cemetery visiting their loved ones.
But I think it's better to go when no one is there.
It's more special that way.
i miss you.
There were so many days where I'd go to the house and sit in your chair, or play the piano wishing you were there to hear.
I wanted to just talk with you, spill my soul and hear all your marvelous stories.
But I know I'll see you soon.
I know I'll see you in heaven.
I am grateful that families can be together forever.
Sometimes I can feel you so near.
Thanks for still being with me and giving me those hugs when I need them.
I love you grama.

Love,
Marina

No comments: