5.22.2011

Because music is my life.

Day 10 – your favorite musician and why

 This could very well be the absolute worst question anyone could ever ask, because I honestly
do not know the answer.

I love music with all my heart.  Sometimes I'm not the very best at using words.  And that is why I love music so much.  I can always find a song that is describing exactly how I feel.  Music is emotion. 

So I have a million different favorite musicians.  It all just depends on my mood, but here are my top 5 in no particular order.

Carrie Underwood
One of the first cd's I ever owned was Carrie's.  I love her lyrics and the fact that she can actually sing. 

Favorite Song at the Moment:
The More Boys I Meet

Taylor Swift
Loved her from the beginning.  I'll never forget in 8th grade when Chelsea Newsome showed me Teardrops on My Guitar. And my life has changed because of it.  I own every single cd of hers and I LOVE reading the little booklet with lyrics that comes in the cd. She has the cutest pictures.  Oh and this would probably be the main reason why Taylor Swift is my favorite...

"To me, FEARLESS is not the absence of fear. It’s not being completely unafraid. To me, FEARLESS is having fears. FEARLESS is having doubts. Lots of them. To me, FEARLESS is living in spite of those things that scare you to death. FEARLESS is falling madly in love again, even though you’ve been hurt before. FEARLESS is walking into your freshmen year of high school at fifteen. FEARLESS is getting back up and fighting for what you want over and over again… even though every time you’ve tried before, you’ve lost. It’s FEARLESS to have faith that someday things will change. FEARLESS is having the courage to say goodbye to someone who only hurts you, even if you can’t breathe without them. I think it’s FEARLESS to fall for your best friend, even though he’s in love with someone else. And when someone apologizes to you enough times for things they’ll never stop doing, I think it’s FEARLESS to stop believing them. It’s FEARLESS to say “you’re NOT sorry”, and walk away. I think loving someone despite what people think is FEARLESS. I think allowing yourself to cry on the bathroom floor is FEARLESS. Letting go is FEARLESS. Then, moving on and being alright…That’s FEARLESS too. But no matter what love throws at you, you have to believe in it. You have to believe in love stories and prince charmings and happily ever after. That’s why I write these songs. Because I think love is FEARLESS."
 Favorite Song at the Moment:
Tell Me Why

Rascal Flatts
Yes. I own every single Rascal Flatts cd made. Yes. I have every single song memorized. Yes. I can name the Rascal Flatts song within the first 5 seconds. Yes. I waited up until midnight to get their newest cd at walmart. Yes. I was the first person in all of Cedar City to own their album Nothing Like This.  I love Rascal Flatts.  My favorite album is definitely Unstoppable.  Rascal Flatts holds a very dear place in my heart.

Favorite Song at the Moment:
Here Comes Goodbye

He is We
I just barely found out about this amazing group 2 months ago and I have them playing almost nonstop.  I love the style, it's unique.  I love the lyrics.  They are truly incredible.

Favorite Song at the Moment:
Forever and Ever

Secondhand Serenade

I stumbled upon this wonderful group one day with Whitney.  It was late one night and we were doing something on the computer.  We were talking about the upcoming school talent show.  Her cousin Trevor was going to be performing on the guitar.  He was playing a song called Vulnerable by Secondhand Serenade.  I had never heard of it before so we looked it up.  We both instantly fell in love. We continued to listen to every other Secondhand Serenade song and that was the moment our love was birthed.  It's called Secondhand Serenade because John Vesely serenaded his wife with his songs, and everyone else just gets to hear them secondhand! I was lucky to be able to go to his concert at Thanksgiving point and it was absolutely incredible! Love Secondhand Serenade.



Favorite Song at the Moment:
Vulnerable

No comments: