4.13.2011

Drive all night.

Some days you just gotta drive.
and drive.
and drive.
and drive some more.

And some days I wish I never had to stop.
I could drive for hours with the windows rolled down,
blasting my music,
singing at the top of my lungs.

Or just sitting in the silence,
thinking about life,
wondering where on earth I'll end up.

Some days I wish I could just drive across the country.
I want to visit all 50 states,
and someday I will.
promise.
It will be an epic adventure.

Cedar Canyon is one of my favorite places to drive.
Whoever hasn't been up that canyon, has not lived.
There is something so calming about those mountains,
it takes away all my stress, all my fear.
They help me face the world with a smile on my face.

And some days I drive all the way out to Parowan to visit my grandma.
Those are always the best days.
I could just sit in the grass next to those majestic mountains for hours.
It makes it even more special because I drive her car there and wrap myself in her old blanket.
Those are my favorite moments.
I'm grateful that I got her car.
Words can't explain how much it means to me.

Somedays I want to just drive
and drive
and drive

And somedays,
I do.


No comments: