All I can say is
I just saw Phantom of the Opera at good ole' pghs
and I was amazed.
Highschools really aren't supposed to be that good...
My favorite parts
- Kylie. Hands down my very favorite. She carried the show. She was absolutely astonishing. She sang like an angel and looked like one too. I am the luckiest girl because I got to know her in my ap calc class (not only can she sing incredibly, but she is brilliant! seriously. she was a sophomore taking calculus. that is impressive). and more in Much Ado and Les Mis. She is the sweetest girl and I could talk to her for hours on end and we could never run out of things to say. We've have had some of the best times and I was so proud to see her up there. She worked so hard for this and she deserves it. I love you Kylie!
- The moment where the phantom is spying on Raoul and Christine on the roof. I could tell how much he loved her, how hurt he was. It was a very powerful moment for me and my heart went out to him. I actually started to understand what he was going through.
- The beginning. It amazed me from the top. The minute the lights came on I got chills and knew that I was going to see something incredible.
- The song "Wishing you were somehow here again." (I may have been a little biased...) but I still absolutely adored this song. It touched me in a way that I haven't been touched before. It made me realize the importance of moving on, living life, and not holding onto the past.
- The set. Holy crow. It was phenomenal. I couldn't even imagine how they did it. I don't know how they fit it all backstage!! It must have taken a lot of work but wow. it's pretty awesome.
- Carlotta. I heard she was 15, but do I believe it? Definitely not. I don't think a 15 year old can really sound that good. I was impressed.
- The costumes. (I may have been a little biased on this too.) My dear neighbor was in charge of the costuming and they were stunning. Absolutely beautiful. My mother also helped make some of them and I am in awe of their talent.
- Seeing everyone after the show. I felt so loved. I hugged a million people. I got to see some of my favorite people in the world. It almost made me want to go back to high school... I am so blessed to have some of the sweetest, most talented friends in the world and I was so happy to be able to see them. I love you all!
So you now you know.