2.12.2011

Wishing you were somehow here again...

Wow.
Wow.
Wow.
All I can say is
Wow!

I just saw Phantom of the Opera at good ole' pghs
and I was amazed.
Highschools really aren't supposed to be that good...

My favorite parts
  • Kylie. Hands down my very favorite.  She carried the show.  She was absolutely astonishing.  She sang like an angel and looked like one too. I am the luckiest girl because I got to know her in my ap calc class (not only can she sing incredibly, but she is brilliant! seriously. she was a sophomore taking calculus. that is impressive).  and more in Much Ado and Les Mis.  She is the sweetest girl and I could talk to her for hours on end and we could never run out of things to say.  We've have had some of the best times and I was so proud to see her up there.  She worked so hard for this and she deserves it.  I love you Kylie!
  • The moment where the phantom is spying on Raoul and Christine on the roof.  I could tell how much he loved her, how hurt he was.  It was a very powerful moment for me and my heart went out to him.  I actually started to understand what he was going through. 
  • The beginning.  It amazed me from the top.  The minute the lights came on I got chills and knew that I was going to see something incredible.  
  • The song "Wishing you were somehow here again."  (I may have been a little biased...) but I still absolutely adored this song.  It touched me in a way that I haven't been touched before. It made me realize the importance of moving on, living life, and not holding onto the past. 
  • The set. Holy crow. It was phenomenal.  I couldn't even imagine how they did it.  I don't know how they fit it all backstage!! It must have taken a lot of work but wow. it's pretty awesome.  
  • Carlotta.  I heard she was 15, but do I believe it? Definitely not.  I don't think a 15 year old can really sound that good.  I was impressed.
  • The costumes.  (I may have been a little biased on this too.)  My dear neighbor was in charge of the costuming and they were stunning.  Absolutely beautiful.  My mother also helped make some of them and I am in awe of their talent. 
  • Seeing everyone after the show.  I felt so loved.  I hugged a million people.  I got to see some of my favorite people in the world.  It almost made me want to go back to high school...  I am so blessed to have some of the sweetest, most talented friends in the world and I was so happy to be able to see them.  I love you all!
  
So you now you know.
Wow.
Wow.
Wow.





3 comments:

Whitney said...

hey:) okay so i just read this and had to give my two cents- Carlotta is 16. blow. the. mind. right?! they were all such a young talented cast. absolutely phenomenal!

Sandra said...

I was going to mention that I said 15 but ment 16. But I agree about the wow factor. I saw it 7+ times and was blown away every single night! (did I mention that Jake helped build the sets? and ran the sound?)

Every single member of the cast and crew were amazing in every single way.

And it was so nice to see you there.

marina glyn said...

yes definitely a mind blower! and it was so good to see you too sandra! tell jake he did fantastic. it was an amazing set!