2.05.2011

Precious moment.

On January 15, one of my dearest friends Kara was baptized and became a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

This was such a special thing that words can't come close to describing.


Kara is from Hawaii, but she decided to come to SUU.  crazy right?
She lives right down the hall from me and is the funniest girl!
I met her through Brandi. they played on the same intramural basketball team last year.
Then I realized that her and her room mate KJ were in my institute class. 
We had some great times. I love talking to both those girls.
We got pretty close and I found out that Kara actually wasn't a member, but was taking the discussions from the missionaries.
I was able to go to one and it was the coolest experience.
For anyone who has never sat in on a missionary discussion I highly recommend it.

Then,
She made the decision to be baptized.

Her baptism and confirmation was the most beautiful thing.
I haven't been to a baptism in a long time.
And going to your friend's baptism is a lot different than going to an 8 year olds. 
The spirit was so strong and I was so happy!

Kara.
I am so Proud of you!
I know that this gospel will bring true happiness, even if it seems hard sometime.
You are awesome girl and I love you!



No comments: