8.14.2010

Whoever said that Pixar is only for kids is very.very wrong.

**Spoiler Alert!**




Toy Story 3.
At the Drive-In.
With my family.

Nothing could be better.

Toy Story 3 is one of my new favorite movies.  It emotionally pulled me over the edge. I bawled, and bawled, and bawled, and bawled. (I'm my mother's daughter.)  I haven't seen a movie that has hit my heart so hard in a very, very long time. 

The reason why it tugged at my heart strings is because I am in the exact situation as Andy. In the movie Andy's leaving to college. In real life I am leaving to college. As I was watching, a realization hit me, and hit me hard.

Things change.
I wish they wouldn't.  I wish that everything could always be the same.  I don't want to say good-bye, I don't want to move to a big scary school, I don't want to leave my adorable sister and brothers.  I'm going to miss my dad and my mom.  I'll miss all my friends here soso much.  I don't want to leave my waterfall and yard.  I'll miss my temple trips and drives.  I don't want to leave home.
But,
that's the way it is.

"The only thing that is constant is change."
It's true.

Even though I wish things wouldn't change, I know that it's inevitable.  It's going to happen no matter what, We've gotta come what may and love it.

That's one reason why I named my blog, "Soak up the Sun"
Because that is what we have to do.  We need to make the most of everything.  Live our life to the fullest. Make every moment count.
That's one of the keys to success in this life.

College is going to be great, I'm scared out of my wits, but it is going to be a brand new adventure.
I am ready now.

Haha, just think, all of this, because a boy, in a movie, gave up his toys.
Pixar is truly inspired.





No comments: